With the holidays upon us, Debbie has visions of ornaments and sparkly lights dancing in her head. When asked what holiday she enjoys decorating for most, Debbie replied, “absolutely CHRISTMAS!” Debbie provides seasonal decor for all of her clients but Christmas holds a special place in her heart for many reasons.
We asked Debbie to provide us with the essentials for holiday decorating and some quick tips for decking your halls and walls.
• Lighting is key.
I add it just about anywhere in a room. Simply draping a string of 50 lights around a Santa figurine gives any space a bit of sparkle.
• A tree.
Real or fake, pre-lit or not, old ornaments or new,
a tree is essential.
Twist it around your tree, wreaths, doorways or tablescapes
5 easy tips
- Light it up, don’t be shy when it comes to lights.
- Pick a theme and carry it throughout the house. A theme can be as simple as a color choice. Loving the current trend of black and white? Use everything you already own and add black and white check ribbon everywhere.
- Mix old and new. Adding new items along with your grandmother’s vintage angels makes a lovely table setting.
- Don’t forget unexpected places. Add a reindeer figurine with a ribbon around his neck in a powder room, it’ll make your guests smile.
- Most importantly, don’t stress over it! Take your time, enjoy the process, get your family and friends involved to trim the tree so you can all enjoy the season together. It’s all about the love and joy of the season.
For over 30 years Debbie Sinatra, owner of Deborah Sinatra Interiors, has been using her expert eye to decorate places and spaces of all sizes. At a young age Debbie’s mother taught her to sew, and from there she began sewing draperies, cushions and slip covers. As her skills developed, she put her talents to work. Today, Debbie mainly designs residential spaces, however, she is happy to tackle commercial projects as well.